Saturday, December 12, 2015

Book Releaseapalooza


Today is a big day for author Allie Kincheloe! Not only does she have a brand new book hitting the shelves today but she has also re-released her two previous novels on sites such as ibooks, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Kobo. Her new book, Do Over, is the second book in the Free Will series and if you get a look at the cover it promises to please! I have posted here for you excerpts from each of the books. Take a few minutes to check them out. I promise you won't be disappointed.




Do Over: A Free Will novel
Allie Kincheloe

I screwed up. Bad. 

On a spring break trip to the beach, I met Kara--the girl of my dreams. I bared my soul to her, but left out one tiny little detail. Of course, Kara saw it differently. Now Kara's long gone and that girl back home I forgot to mention is dating my brother. When Kara reappears in my life, I'm determined to get a second chance with her. I know she's what I want, but can I convince her that a do over is worth the risk? 

He broke my heart. 

I met the most amazing guy. Unfortunately, another girl got him first. So, I picked up the shattered pieces of my heart and planned to spend the summer hiding out while I patch my battered soul. Just as I settle in to the microscopic town my mom moved to, my new equilibrium is destroyed. Austin saunters in the door of the clinic where I work. My body wants him as much as ever, but can I trust him with my still-mending heart?



A little teaser for you...
 
“We’re sorry. The number you have reached is no longer in service. If you feel you’ve reached this message in error, please hang up and try again.”
How the hell could her number no longer be in service? I had just freaking called her a few hours ago and it worked. I tried again, only to get the same monotone recording.
What the fuck?
Flinging the damn phone, I cussed. “Son of a bitch.” I scrubbed my hand over my eyes, fighting a tension headache. This day could not get any worse. Everything I’d done was falling apart and I couldn’t stop the avalanche of shit piling up around me.
“Austin, seriously?” Randy caught the phone seconds before it hit him in the face. “Why are you throwing shit at me?”
“I wasn’t throwing it at you. I just…” I balled up my fists, barely resisting the urge to slam one into the wall. Forcing a deep breath into my lungs only helped briefly. “Kara’s number is no longer in service.”






Her two weeks of freedom... 

My comfortable existence is shaken by a simple picture. A single cell phone snap delivered photographic proof of the years I wasted on a guy who couldn't keep his dick in his pants over spring break. I'm done. But then Austin blurts out this ridiculous idea to even the score. Two weeks with any guy I choose? After a few brief fantasies, I hardly give his plan a thought ... until I stumble into the path of a guy most definitely not on my list. Now Jake's the only possibility I can bring myself to consider and the one man Austin has forbidden. 

His only chance... 

For three years now, I've been in love with a girl who's off limits. Some lines a man just can't cross. Going after your brother's girl is one of them. But when Austin screws up, I finally get my shot. Getting Laney to pick me for the short-term was the easy part. Convincing her that I'm the right brother for the long-term? Not so simple. 

 

Excerpt:

Granny's eyes were sharp as razors when she looked Jake over. "Why are you here?"

Well, that was blunt. Granny never beat around the bush when she could jump right in.

"Jimmy and Susie said you wanted to meet me." Jake gestured for me to take the only chair, but I sat on the bed next to Granny and let him have the seat.

"No shit. I meant why are you at the hospital. You just started fooling around with my granddaughter a few days ago, a bit soon to be hanging around the hospital with her family."

He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "She needed me."

"Did she now?" Her piercing glare never left Jake. He shifted a bit, looking uncomfortable with the scrutiny, but didn't bolt.

"She did." He smiled at me, adding, "And I'm not just fooling around with your granddaughter."

"Uh huh... Why should I believe that? You hardly know her. "

Shit.

Granny didn't like him. She'd kicked such a fuss with my cousins that she'd made them break up with boyfriends and girlfriends she didn't like before. I didn't want to lose Jake before I even knew what we really had.

Jake threw his head back and laughed. The idiot freaking laughed. "I'm crazy about Laney. And you can believe that, or not." His eyes met mine, and my heart skipped a beat at his intensity.

"Why?"

With confusion crinkling his eyes, he turned back to Granny. "Why what? Why do I like Laney? Or why should you believe me?"

Granny's eyes narrowed. She glared at him until he spoke. He didn't look at her when he answered. He looked right into my eyes, his hand holding mine.

"I'm crazy about Laney because she's everything I've ever wanted. She's funny. She looks like an angel, but kisses like the devil. She makes my heart race just by smiling at me."

I couldn't breathe.

He turned his gaze back to her then. "And I don't care if you believe me or not. As long as Laney does, that's what matters."

Lord, she was going to kill him. No one ever spoke to Granny like that. Ever. A cackling laugh rang out and I hunted for the source. No one was there but us and Granny...

Wait. What just happened?

My jaw dropped and I gaped at them both. Maybe aliens abducted my Granny, and this was just a Granny look-alike. Yeah, that had to be it. There's no way he told her off and she laughed about it. Jake smiled at her and brought my hand up to his lips. I pulled my hand away from him and pinched myself. Hard. This had to be a dream. No other explanation made sense.

"Would I be correct in saying that you do not find my granddaughter defective in any way then, young man?" Granny questioned him again. Like a dog with a bone, she wouldn't give up until she's gnawed it beyond recognition.

"Defective?" His eyes searched mine. "Why would I find Laney defective?"

My eyes filled with tears. "Because Austin did. I wasn't enough. My boobs weren't enough. Our sex life wasn't enough."

"Oh, honey." He reached for me. Pulling me into his lap in that lone chair, he kissed me. Soft warm lips met mine. His tongue coaxed my mouth open so that he could deepen the kiss.

"My brother is a damn fool."

Get your copy here:



 




 
The last five years have been tough. At times, near impossible. Cleaning up his life and making something of his club takes all of Sean’s time and attention. There is absolutely no room in his plans for relationships. Even if he were looking for someone to share his life with, it wouldn’t be a sweet, naïve woman he could almost be arrested for looking at. No matter how good she feels in his arms.
When Talia finds herself in a desperate situation with an abusive guy, she definitely doesn’t expect the handsome owner of Garden to be her savior. Sean is older, covered in tattoos, and the furthest thing from acceptable to her straight-laced parents. After so many years of doing what everyone else says, Talia steps up and goes for what she wants--despite Sean's hang up over her age.
No matter how hard he's tried to keep his distance, Sean can’t ignore the primal urge to protect Talia when her life is in danger. He learns just how far he will go to save the woman who has come to mean everything to him—even if it means facing his past head on.
Can their love survive when the past resurfaces?
 
Excerpt :

Sean tried to call Talia for the sixth time that week.

"This is Talia, you know what to do." But obviously she didn't or she'd answer her damn phone!

He hung up without leaving a message. He'd left messages earlier in the week. Sent a couple texts. No response. She was still pissed. But damn it, she'd kissed him. He wanted to explain himself. Explain his reasons for pushing her away. But she wouldn't answer his call.

Again.

Sean pulled his arm back to sling the damn phone at the wall, but he'd just have to replace it. His hand itched for a handset to slam down. Jabbing at the touchscreen would never satisfy like slamming a receiver down so hard the phone rang.

Sean tossed his phone on the table and sank down onto his couch with a sigh. One kiss and he acted like a lovesick puppy. Frustrated the hell out of him. He was a grown-ass man who should have better control over himself than that. Maybe it was a side effect of two years of self-imposed celibacy, you idiot.

Not dating for five years while he got the club going seemed like a good plan. Until a beautiful, soft woman pressed her lips to his. He never should have kissed her back. He should've shoved her away the moment she stepped between his legs.

Should have, but didn't.

Oh, no, he pulled her tight to his chest and kissed her until they both gasped for air and he thought his lungs might collapse from lack of oxygen. Then he'd moved to that delectable throat, savoring the feel of her pulse beneath his lips. He'd marked her, leaving evidence of their passion on her pale skin. He'd thoroughly enjoyed her soft curves pressed against—

He had to get out of this apartment.

He hardened just thinking about that one little kiss. Okay, not so little, but he had to find something to occupy his time before he lost what was left of his mind. Sean grabbed his keys, snatched up his phone, and hurried out the door before he put his fist through the wall. He had no plan beyond finding something—anything—to keep his mind off Talia.

He had no business imagining kissing her. No business remembering the feel of her against his chest. He'd done time. Ex-cons like him did not date fresh-faced twenty-year-old college girls like Talia. Regardless of how fucking good she felt. Or how perfectly she fit in his arms.

He got in his car and drove. It wasn't until he'd crossed over the bridge at the lake that he realized where his subconscious was trying to send him—Talia's house. He pulled into the marina parking lot and cursed his stupid self. Banging his head on the steering wheel, he tried to knock some sense into his stubborn head. The sooner he convinced himself Talia was off-limits, the better off he'd be.

He walked down the beach and came to that rock they'd cuddled on that night that seemed so long ago. Losing himself on a sandy beach would be a hell of a lot better than falling in love with a girl he couldn't have. A girl he'd shared only a single kiss with. A girl he could see himself growing old with. Fuck. This wasn't helping.

He jogged back to his car. The beach used to be a good distraction, but now held memories of Talia. He didn't need to be somewhere that gave him more reason to think of her.

Pulling back onto the road, Sean headed to the gym. Several rounds with a punching bag exhausted his body, but did little to quiet the stream of memories. He went home and showered, but the loneliness of his apartment ate at him.

He headed back out. Maybe he could find a new book. A new distraction to keep him from the thoughts that threatened to devour him. He couldn't keep doing this. Talia deserved better than him, and he wasn't sure he had the willpower to keep resisting her. Getting her off his mind became his top priority.

He deleted her number from his phone. But it didn't matter. He'd memorized it the day she gave it to him. A tiny slip of a woman had him tied in knots.

 

 Author info:
 

As a busy mother of five, Allie sneaks time to write between breakfast and tickles. Always a Kentucky girl at heart, she currently makes her home near Nashville.

You can find Allie online at:







No comments:

Post a Comment