Thursday, October 29, 2015

New Release!! (Perfect for Halloween!)



Hi Carolyn, and thanks so much for having me over to visit. It's Halloween season, which is probably my favourite holiday. I've always loved magic and the paranormal, I grew up devouring stories about witches, wizards, fairies, scary beasts and epic heroes. There's rather a fun quote that says we never grow out of fairytales – we just start reading dirtier ones ;) and that was definitely the case for me, as I moved onto paranormal romance with drool-worthy shifters, vampires, magic-users etc. I was more surprised than anyone though when zombies popped up in my head – after all we're moving away from the sexy and into the slightly icky realm now, right?

Thankfully for my brain, the romance part doesn't centre round the zombie (I know other people have done it, but just…) but rather my sassy witch and rather yummy necromancer. There's magic, action, some *ahem* steaminess and a zombie cat called Mittens – so hopefully something for everyone! I really hope you check it out.   


 
Blurb
For Emma Strachan, raising zombies is all in a day’s work. A girl has to pay the bills somehow! But when what should be a simple raising goes horribly wrong, Emma is forced to ask for help from the one man she swore never to see again.

Garret is used to being a loner, as a necromancer he works best that way and frankly, with the dangers he faces every day, it’s easier not to have to look out for anyone else. When Emma shows up on his doorstep desperate for help, he vows to ignore the raging attraction between them – after all a pretty, fun-loving witch has no place in his world.

Can Emma and Garret put aside old resentments in order to try and defeat a zombie unlike anything they have seen before? When the dust settles, can they count on any future between them?


Excerpt


Shocked gasps came from behind her, but the vibrations were already running through the ground. Quickly, she smeared the blood around the edges of the circle. The energy was rising now, waves spreading out as the hairs on her arms stood up, and tiny tremors ran through the soles of her shoes. She drew a final symbol in the blood on the gravestone itself, the rough stone grazing her fingers and making the lines awkward.
"Patrick Connell, rise. Come from your grave at my command. Rise from your sleep at my bidding."
The earth in front of her practically bubbled, then it parted, and a tall figure emerged. Neil let out a strangled shriek behind her, but her attention stayed focused on the corpse in front of her. He was newly dead and perfectly preserved. In fact, gazing at him, you would barely know the difference if you saw him walking down the street. She was quite proud. She didn't do this spell much, but this was a damn good raising!
"Patrick Connell, you have been raised at my command. You will do as I say and nothing more, bound to me by blood and magic. Do you understand and obey?"
The corpse looked at her, surprising clarity in his deep blue eyes. She didn't think she'd ever raised one this 'new' before, and it was actually a little disconcerting how alive he appeared. He'd obviously been a handsome man, tall with broad shoulders, thick dark hair, strong jaw, and quite startling eyes. Then he opened his mouth and said a single word.
"No."

Buy Links:

Amazon - getBook.at/LoveReawakened


I'd also love for you to stay in touch, you can find me on social media at the following links:
Twitter - @shellirosewarne



No comments:

Post a Comment