Saturday, January 3, 2015

Debut Author Month and Other Things

I am sitting here listening to the Top 20 of 2014 countdown on CMT and lamenting the fact that I have to return to work on Monday. Being home for the past two weeks has been nice. Lots of family time, plenty of rest and all the time I wanted to write and edit. I even indulged in one of my other hobbies- crochet. I am not highly talented at it but I really enjoy it. A friend of mine who prefers to knit and I are collaborating on a baby blanket for a colleague of ours. She knits the squares, I crochet a border and then connect them into an afghan. It has been very therapeutic.

One of my resolutions for 2015 is to learn to make granny squares. I would like to make some personalized gifts for my closest friends and family members for Christmas next year. I need to start now though if I hope to finish in time!

I belong to a group on my favorite social networking site that posed two questions this morning: "What are you thankful for from 2014?" and "What are your goals for 2015?" Of course, I am ever thankful for the turn my writing career has taken in recent months. It has long been a dream for me to share my passion for storytelling with the world and it is overwhelming and exciting that it is finally happening. I am every thankful for the safety of my husband at work every night and the blessings my two sons are to me.  I am terrible at making resolutions because I always end up feeling like a failure when I don't keep them but I will be giving this some thought. 2015 is a blank slate and I want to fill it with memories.

January is debut author month at the blog Romancing The Genres and guess who is guest posting on January 17th?? I am very excited for this amazing opportunity that just so happens to coincide with the print release of Witness Protection!

If you are not familiar with this blog, it is hosted by several published authors that write everything from contemporary romance to young adult to inspirational novels. Here is the link if you would like to check it out:

Romancing The Genres

Don't forget, if you have been waiting for a print copy of Witness Protection, it is available for pre-order right now at

Pre-order Link

My father in law ordered three copies this weekend so I guess I have made the big time!

Feel free to comment below on something you are thankful for in 2014 or that you hope to accomplish in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment