Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

2015 rolled in pretty uneventfully in this household. The kids managed to stay awake until midnight while I continually fell asleep on the couch. We had a nice night as a family eating Chinese food and watching a movie together. Low key and relaxed. We don't get a lot of family time these days so to me it was the perfect way to ring in the new year.

Today we met with mom, had some pizza and some family time before my honey had to take a nap for the night shift. My youngest wanted to take his new remote control car out in the dark because it lights up so we bundled up when the sun went down and hit the street. It was awfully cold for a southern winter!

If you followed my previous blog, welcome to my new home and thank you for joining me here. I have high hopes for this new year. I haven't set any traditional resolutions because I am still working on the ones from last year. I do have some professional goals that I hope to achieve and I look forward to all of you celebrating with me as they are accomplished.

Many of you may already know, I just signed the contract for the second book in the Defender's of Love series. Titled Homeland Security, it is the story of how Kaiden James, cousin to Logan James of Witness Protection discovers not all women take issue with a man's call to duty.

I am also looking forward to the release of Undercover In Six Inch Stilettos set to be released in early spring. The book is the first in a new series, The Secret Lives of Police Wives about, you guessed it women married to police officers with a penchant for finding trouble and a talent for crime solving. Stay tuned for a cover release in the near future! I am very excited about this series. It takes romance in a new direction with plenty of action and...um... extracurricular activity... with sexy men in uniform.

If you belong to Goodreads, mosey on over and check out my new author profile. I had no idea how to utilize this feature but I have an amazing editor who is full of great knowledge and she willingly shares it with me. Thankfully!

Here is the link if you are interested: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7734909.Carolyn_LaRoche?from_search=true

If you are not familiar with it, Goodreads is a great resource for all things books. You can read reviews, write reviews, participate in giveaways, see what people are reading, make lists of books to read, etc... etc...  www.goodreads.com

What are you reading these days?




No comments:

Post a Comment